Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SLEEPING ON PINK SHEETS? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!

Well, the answer is simple.  Years ago I contacted a well known astrologer in Charlotte, NC where I grew up and where I had returned to start my design career.  Her name was Alice Steadman.  I called her one day in response to her book "Who's The Matter With Me?"  She was very gracious and kind on the phone, asking me a few questions about where I was in my life.  One question was about my weight and if I was where I wanted to be.  Well, no it wasn't, I explained.  She then gave me a very simple formula.......sleep on pink sheets.  They are slenderizing for women, she said, and added that she had been sleeping on hot pink sheets (very energizing! she said) for some time and now was a mere 90 lbs. - 20 lbs. less than she was before beginning this regimen.  Blue is fattening, she said, something which I took to heart.  It is a great joke in our family among the women, anyway, and especially between my daughter and me, that we do not sleep either on or in blue.  It's a definite no no.  Well, just so you will know, I have been sleeping on pink sheets since then and do in fact weigh much less than I did then.  Mine are powder pink - works just as well for me as the hot pink.  I also refrain from artificial food.  So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment