Friday, June 29, 2012

Designing a Great Kitchen

I have always had a love of creating and designing kitchens.  Long before it became big business, my clients and I would tackle the project using a variety of sources, from cabinet maker to hardware suppliers.  It's a lot easier now with one stop shopping and sources that can all be found in one place.  The end result, however, is always the same when the approach is right.  Keep it simple (heard that from me before?) .......make sure function comes first, and design with a style that you love in a way that your planning will pay off year after year.

Design projects for me should always be the same.  They should all look like they gently floated down from heaven and landed in the right spot.  But getting there requires a bit of planning.  As Katie Couric has said "it takes a lot of effort to make it look effortless"....and the same is true for any design project.  The planning stages are all about assembling your options and then removing most of them so that the finished project has just what one needs, is built on selectons that you love, and has an enduring sense of taste and style supported by the working function of its purpose. 

Recently, I finished a project in Charleston, SC, small, simple and rich in style.  When I sent it to a prospective client who has been agonizing over her kitchen re-do for quite some time I was delighted to hear this back from her .........


Here are a few pictures of that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment